Monday 6 October 2014

Hello and welcome to my new blog, At the moment I am twiddling and tweaking to get things looking and feeling just the way I want them, so I hope that you will bear with me while I iron out some of these pesky bits and bobs. There is always tea in the offing... and I am  also partial to a good coffee so I hope that you will pop back and share a cup of something warm and comforting and a chat.


 This is my space devoted to the things that I  love. I am a child of the seventies and have a passion for 60's and 70's pattern, design and style so  you will see a lot of this here. I also have a compulsive thrifting habit and  put simply a love for good old stuff in whatever form it takes. 
 I also am a bit of a fiddly fingers and am always making stuff, drawing, painting and making.
 My craft drug of choice is usually yarn based but I love making things from vintage fabrics ( and sometimes new ones too.) 
 When I feel nostalgic for my art school days I get my paper and paints out and try to work through the  crap drawing barrier without having a tantrum and throwing my efforts on the floor before flouncing out slamming the door behind me!
Hope to see you soon, love loulou



2 comments:

  1. It's me, Gem!! Just found your lovely comment on my blog, aw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid ipad........sorry, I didn't finish my message! Good to see you have started a blog. I am RUBBISH with designing it but I really do love writing. I look Vick over the four years I have done mine and love to see what has changed, how much the kids have grown etc.
    Was lush to see you on Sat, Hope Margot survives the aftermath of the storm due to hit us tmw.
    X x

    ReplyDelete